*Work from anywhere on the planet! Our HQ is in London but have teams working remotely all over the world.*
We are seeking a talented and experienced Chief News Editor to join our team and contribute to our goal of creating the most informative sites in this vertical.
As our Chief News Editor, you'll be covering breaking news, market trends, and emerging technologies, while working closely with our editorial team to ensure all content is accurate, timely, and meets editorial standards. You will be responsible for creating and publishing original news content related to technology for one of our biggest brands.
We especially are looking for someone who can demonstrate a depth of experience in both building and managing news teams. You will have an eye for detail but also an ability to strategize and implement solutions as required as you monitor the sites’ key performance indicators.
Integrating multimedia and social channels into our news operations is an important part of the job, as well as hiring new talent and training existing staff, all to be achieved while aligning with the commercial imperatives of the company. Videos, podcasts, and events are also areas the company is keen to develop further, so expertise in these areas is helpful but not essential.
The site is a leading news, analysis, education and data site that covers the latest developments, trends and themes in the world of AI, cybersecurity, and cryptocurrencies. In addition to covering the daily news cycle, our sites provide insight, reviews guides and other educational content for individuals and institutions looking to stay up-to-date with the rapidly evolving world of fintech, from blockchain to ChatGPT.
We're committed to creating a culture that fosters growth, creativity, and innovation. If you're passionate about the fintech industries and want to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategy creation and implementation of editorial policies and plans
- Oversight of news/editorial teams and news content production
- Management of staff, recruitment, budgets
- Ensure we build and maintain a best-in-class news function, including:
- Researching and producing original news stories related to the tech/cybersecurity/web3 industries, delivered in a timely manner, in line with content/editorial calendars and industry events
- Conducting interviews with industry experts and key players in the tech space
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of market trends, news developments, and regulatory changes related to the verticals
- Collaborating with other team members, including editors, writers and designers to produce engaging and informative content
- Acquisition of quality editorial talent to meet the needs of an expanding news operation as part of the wider media network.
- Manage and build out existing teams, including putting in place training programs for continual professional development.
- Monitor key performance indicators such as traffic, SEO rankings, social media engagement and make improvements as required.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Experience in an editorial leadership capacity, ideally news/editor in chief
- Strong knowledge of the tech and crypto industries, including areas ranging from artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and Web3.
- Excellent writing and research skills, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Maintenance of high standards is paramount
- Ability to meet tight deadlines (organizing team to do the same)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
- Experience of managing a busy news desk and building editorial teams in fast-paced settings
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and the ability to optimize content for search engines
"What’s in it for me" we hear you ask?
- A brilliant opportunity to grow your career & work with a fun, fast-paced & growing company, prepared to let you shine
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day (we more than welcome and support people with their own projects)
- Build an organisation right from the "beginning"
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy
- Truly remote working (Work anywhere in the world)
- 33/30 PTO to ensure that you are staying well-rounded & rested
- Market leading remuneration and bonuses + revenue/profit shares available
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- An international team with over 40 nationalities
Based in Central London, but adopting a flexible and remote approach; Finixio is a Lead Generation and Affiliate Marketing company, building websites appealing to audiences worldwide. Our sites cover news, education, comparison and reviews, within the following exciting niches:
- Forex & Online Trading
- Stocks & Shares
- Personal Finance, Loans, Banking
- Cyber Security & Software Technology
- Casino & Online Gaming
- Health & Nutrition
As part of a wider group, Finixio was formed in 2018 and is currently home to over 100 Websites / Brands - with more in the pipeline. It is a fantastic time to join our team of specialist digital marketers. With proven track records in our respective fields - we are well-funded, highly profitable (yes, already!), and primed for significant growth.
At Finixio, we Value:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We take initiative and seek out new opportunity
- Excellence: We strive for the best in everything we do
- Collaboration: We believe the best ideas come from working together
- Innovation: We embrace new ideas and technologies
Our Culture is:
- Diverse and Inclusive
- Committed to continuous learning and development
- Focused on work-life balance and flexibility
- Celebrate our success and learning from failures
- Fun and supportive, where everyone is genuinely encouraged to be themselves
Excited about this opportunity? Apply NOW!
Finixio is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from ALL backgrounds.